We facilitate group corporate training sessions as well as personal training sessions at your location, and we tailor training to suit your requirements. Please contact us to facilitate your group training session.
All training is facilitated at client location.
The course familiarizes Ontario workers with WHMIS which stands for Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. This system is designed to provide health and safety information to workers about the hazardous materials or controlled products in their workplaces. Participants will learn about WHMIS symbols and their meanings, labels on products, and material safety data sheets (MSDSs). The course also provides practical advice for how to safely handle hazardous materials on the job.
- Become familiar with the responsibilities of suppliers, employers and workers pertaining to WHMIS controlled products and the offences and penalties for contravening the OH&S Act and WHMIS Regulations
- Be able to identify and recognize hazard symbols. They will be able to identify the requirements and contents of a supplier label, a workplace label and a Material Safety Data Sheet
- Be familiar with the locations of the First and rooms and the MSDS station. They will review, what to do in the event of a splash or spill
- Understand the three basic methods of controlling hazards and the basic principle of emergency planning to ensure that they are able to protect themselves from hazards in the workplace
- Be familiar with routes of entry and the effects of chemicals on the body
Course Length 3 to 4 hours
Course materials and certificate provided